Monday, January 7, 2013

WAKE UP AND WATCH 1

I Thessalonians 5:1-6 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.(2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. (4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (5) Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. (6) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
 
It happened again. Another prediction that the world was coming to an end was wrong.  I have to be honest with you, I wasn't really very worried that the Mayan calendar didn't have any more dates on it.  My faith in Jesus Christ and my trust in the Bible as the Word of God has pretty much made me immune to the doomsday predictions of those who look in obscure places for the answers.
 
These scriptures are not the only ones that tell us that there is no way for man to predict the end.  The Bible lets us know that we should be looking for the return of Jesus at all times. We should be excited about His coming and we should live our lives as if He were coming today.
 
I believe that it will not be that long before He comes but it might not be that long before I go on to be with Him.  Either way I think it is better for us to be prepared but to continue to live for Him and serve Him every day.
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.