Tuesday, January 22, 2013

CARNALLY MINDED

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
 
Have you ever been involved in a conversation about someone with a terminal disease?  Somewhere during the conversation someone is certain to say, "They are dying."  This is a fact.  If we think about it though it is also true about each one of us.
 
From the moment we are conceived as frightening as it might sound, this fleshly body is on a journey toward the grave.  That journey might be much longer for some than it is for others but actually we never know.
 
Due to my heart problems I have been given the prognosis a couple of times that I was dying.  The first time was over 17 years ago.  The last time was recently.  They were right 17 years ago and they were right recently.  I am dying but actually we all are.
 
I have peace and I enjoy life because I realize that this body and the carnal life we know is only temporary.  My spirit will never die, however, because Jesus has promised me eternal life through Him.  The Word teaches me that for a Christian, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."
 
Just remember, that all the carnal pleasures of this life will someday die along with your physical bodies.  Thankfully we can lay up spiritual treasures in Heaven that will never perish.  We just have to be motivated to do the works of Jesus because of our love for Him.
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.