Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Heart's Desire

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
 
Paul was writing to the Jews in Rome and in this verse he shows his concern for all Israel, both those who were still in Israel and those who had scattered.
 
I must confess that when someone asks me what my hearts desire is that I might think of a lot of answers before I finally came to realize that my hearts desire should be the salvation of America.
Yes I pray for my family and for those that I know individually.  I pray for my town and my community but sometimes I find it hard to pray for the souls of all Americans.
 
I see the advertisements (because I don't care to watch the shows) for some of the reality shows and I ask myself how people can live like that. I will confess that I watch Duck Dynasty and I fully understand their way of life but some of the commercials for other regions seem completely foreign.
 
We should pray that God will give us a burden for all our countrymen.  What this whole nation needs is a great revival with souls being saved in the North, in the East and in the West as well as the South. My hearts desire for America should be that they would be saved.
 
Jesus is still in the saving business, we just need to get serious about it.
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.