Wednesday, October 10, 2012

BY FAITH 8

Heb 11:9-10 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: (10) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
 
Abraham was not looking for what the world had to offer.  He was looking for what God had to offer.
I have a confession to make.  I enjoy life.  I go to bed each night looking forward to the next day and what it might hold for me.  I try to make the best of each moment. Sometimes I wonder if maybe I don't feel too comfortable here in this world when I really do realize that God has a better place waiting for me.
 
I believe in Heaven and I believe that Heaven is a real place and will be inhabited by real people who have been saved by God's grace.  When I focus on what God has for me in the future, what I have here in the present pales by comparison.
 
When I focus on Heaven and upon God and being in His presence it doesn't make life in this world any less pleasant.  I think that it is Faith that makes looking forward to that city while we live in this world a more pleasant experience.
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.