Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BY FAITH 13

Hebrews 11:22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
 
I love reading about the life of Joseph. He was certainly not always dealt with fairly.  First he was sold into slavery, then he was unjustly cast into prison but he did not become bitter toward God.  He remained faithful to God in all matters and because of his faith all the descendants of Abraham were saved, as well as a multitude of others who would have died in that great famine if they had not listened to Joseph.
 
Even as he was on his deathbed Joseph had faith that his family would return to the land that Abraham was promised.  I am not sure if he realized that the children of Israel would be multiplied into a great nation at that time but he knew it would be long after his death when they returned.
 
He instructed them to carry his bones home.  I'm not sure what will happen to my bones but I do know that I will have a new body in my home in heaven some day.  That is what is important to me.
Please feel free to contact me by email at
 
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.