Tuesday, October 23, 2012

BY FAITH 17

Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
Many of God's promises are conditional and need to be followed to the letter.  I personally believe that we would see a lot more of God's miracles if we would just believe God's Word and take it to heart.
 
James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with OIL in the name of the Lord
 
I have been in the ministry since 1978 and I have yet to receive a call from someone in my congregation who was sick and asked for this to be done.  I must confess that even with some severe health problems of my own I have not done it either.
 
I sometimes wonder if we might see more of the sick miraculously healed if we would just follow God's instructions to the letter.
 
I am not talking about some televangelist running around with oil and anointing everyone he comes in contact with.  I am talking about a member of the Lord's Church calling on the pastor and deacons to come and perform this duty.  If you will look closely at the verse, it says that the person who is sick has to do the calling.
 
Maybe we don't see great miracles like the falling of the walls of Jericho because we don't follow God's instructions exactly the way He gave them to us.
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.