Friday, October 19, 2012

BY FAITH 15

Hebrews 11:25-26 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; (26) Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.

Our lives are filled with choices every day.  If we are honest about it we are where we are today mostly because of the choices we made earlier in life.  I have made some terrible choices in my life and even now I am paying the price with my health.  I have made the right choices too.  Those I made by placing my trust in God have always led me in the right direction.
 
In this day of instant gratification it might seem hard to resist the pleasures of sin for a season but if we know the scriptures and we trust God for the outcome we will understand that what God has in store for us is much greater than any pleasure that the world has to offer.
 
It takes faith for us to trust God's promises.  Be sure and study the Bible, God's Word.  It will teach you about God.  It is much easier to trust someone that you know very well.
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
 
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.