Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ONE DAY AT A TIME

James 4:13-14 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such acity, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: (14)Whereas ye know not what on the morrow. For what your life? It is even a [vapour], that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Life is not difficult if we take it one day at a time. Jesus taught us to take one day at a time.

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day the evil thereof.

It can be overwhelming to try to plan a lifetime. What we need to do is make the best of each day that God has given us.

TODAY I WILL:

1. WORK ON MY LITTLE PROBLEMS AND NOT TRY TO SOLVE EVERYTHING AT ONCE

2. MAKE UP MY MIND TO BE AS HAPPY AS I POSSIBLY CAN
Abraham Lincoln said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

3. TODAY I WILL DEAL WITH THINGS REALISTICLY
There is a little prayer that you see on a lot of plaques and pictures that simply says, "Lord help me to be reasonable. There are things in the world that need to be different. Help me to change the things I can and accept the things I cannot change."

4. TODAY I WILL SPEND SOME QUIET TIME WITH GOD
TODAY I WILL PRAY:
TODAY I WILL READ AND STUDY GOD'S WORD
TODAY I WILL MEDITATE AND THINK FOR AWHILE ON SPIRITUAL THINGS
5. TODAY I WILL TRY TO FINISH SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN PUTTING OFF.

6. TODAY I WILL WORK ON SOME AREA OF MY LIFE AND TRY TO IMPROVE.
I WILL ESPECIALLY TRY TO GROW SPIRITUALLY TODAY.

7. TODAY I WILL BE EASY TO GET ALONG WITH

8. TODAY I WILL TRY DO MY BEST TO WITNESS TO SOMEONE WHO IS LOST.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.