Tuesday, August 23, 2011

LOVE LIFTED ME

Psalm 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the MIRY CLAY, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

When we are in church we talk a lot about Heaven and where we are going. Sometimes as we look at others and the way they are living we fear for where they are going. Sadly sometimes we forget where we were headed and and where we came from.

We forget the horrible pit of sin and the miry clay of our lost condition. We need to be concerned about people going to hell but we also should be concerned about them remaining in sin. I would never, ever want to go back to being in my lost condition.

I am glad I am on my way to heaven but I am also glad that I was lifted out of sin and out of my lost condition by God's marvelous grace and the undeserved love that He showed me by sending His Son to die for my sins.

When He sets us on that solid rock our goings are established.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.