Friday, January 22, 2010

FEAR NOT 5

I Chronicles 28:20) And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

WE MUST STRIVE TO BRING GLORY TO GOD IN OUR WORK

There have been way too many people start out with good intentions that somehow leave God by the wayside as they move toward their goals. Sometimes ministries that start out in a great way and give glory to God get caught up in worldly ambitions and other personalities seem to be in the limelight.

There is an old country song that asks the question, "Would Jesus wear a Rolex on His television show?" I think the answer to that is a definite no. I am not saying that everyone doing God's work should take a vow of poverty but I am saying that they should be good stewards of what they have and they should make sure that God is their focus and that glorifying Him is their main ministry.

Sometimes if we are to really do the work of God we must do it without bringing any attention to our self. Another great lesson I learned early in my ministry is that it is not about me. I had better not try to make it about me and I had better make it all about God.

Fear not. God has great things for you to do and He wants you to do them for His Glory!

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.