Friday, June 26, 2009

JEALOUS CHRISTIANS

By Jeremy Burkes

Lu 15:28-31 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and entreated him. (29) And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: (30) But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. (31) And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

Here we meet the prodigal son's brother. Their father is celebrating the homecoming of the prodigal son with a party. This made the prodigal son's brother angry.
Like him, we sometimes become jealous of the way that God deals with others. We wonder why they have more money and more material things than we have.
God tells us that He loves us both. He tells us that what he does for someone else in no way takes away from how he loves us. It is then that we are most aware that "It's not about us." It is about God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Go and tell others.
Leave your burdens with God and share Him with someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.