Friday, June 5, 2009

HOMESICK

Philippians 1:23-24 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:(24) Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

From the tone of Paul's letter you can tell that he is a little weary and a little homesick to go on and be with the Lord. I know that I feel that way sometimes, especially when I'm not feeling well are things are not going so great.
It is wonderful to know that the Lord is really the only one who knows whether we are really needful for those around us.
Once when I was very sick and thought that I might not pull through I was very concerned about dying. I wasn't afraid for me. I was afraid for my wife and children. I could not imagine how they could get along without me. God touched my heart and let me know in no uncertain terms that He really could take care of my family with or without me. The choice was His.
He let me remain to see my children grow up and to get to know my grandchildren but it was not because He could not take care of them without me. It was because He had a needful purpose for me to remain here. I'm not real sure sometimes what the purpose is but I have learned that it is His business and not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.