Monday, June 22, 2009

DO YOU WANT WHAT YOU DESERVE?

By Jeremy Burkes
Luke 15:11-12 And he said, A certain man had two sons: (12) And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
When Jesus left his disciples He went to prepare a place in Heaven for us. A place none of us really deserve. Here is an instance of a Son getting His inheritance that He deserves and willingly sharing it with us.
Because of His love for us we too have an inheritance in Heaven and He is preparing a mansion for us.
We hear a lot of people talking about getting what they deserve. I hope for their sakes they don't get it. I don't want what I deserve. With the sins I have committed I know I deserve Hell.
The world is going to get what it deserves. The world is going to be destroyed by fire. If we are honest with ourselves that is what we also deserve. I am glad I can look forward to his grace and mercy instead of what I deserve.
Do you really want what you deserve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.