Tuesday, June 9, 2009

IN THIS TOGETHER

Philippians 2:3-4 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. (4) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
It seems that the me attitude of the last part of the 20th century has not completely gone away. It is a sad thing to say but even in the Lord's Churches there are those who ask, "What's in it for me?" " What does the church have to offer my family?". (There is one answer that will fit most churches. They offer you an opportunity to serve and minister to others.)
Strife in a church is a sad thing. When people argue and want to have their own way without considering how others feel about it or how it impacts others, it brings reproach upon the church.
Instead of wondering how we can get what we want, it is better to pray about how we can give what others need and how we can minister for our Lord so that others can be reached.
One of the greatest lessons I have learned in my life, and I learned it early, is: "It's not about me." We are all in this together and "It Is About Him".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.