Thursday, June 4, 2009

GAIN OR LOSS

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
This is one of the most profound statements in the new testament. It proves that there is no substitute for Christ. Even in this statement if you substitute the word Christ for any other thing that people seem to live for you would also have to substitute the word loss for gain.
For me to live is wealth, to die is loss.
For me to live is fame, to die is loss.
For me to live is power, to die is loss.
For me to live is pleasure, to die is loss.
For me to live is work, to die is loss.
For me to live is family, to die is loss.
Only through Christ do we gain our joint inheritance with Him through death. What do you live for? One day when death eventually comes all you will have will be the treasures you have laid up in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.