Friday, October 25, 2013

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! 4

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
 
Recently we have been bombarded with news of government shut downs, sequesters, budget cuts, national debt, defaults, and all sorts of scary big words.  The new Affordable? Health Care Act has people worried about their health insurance in the future.  Someone was commenting about it recently and I told them, "I depend on God to take care of me. When He gets through taking care of me here, I believe He will just take me on home with Him and take care of me there."  That is a healthcare plan that will give you comfort.
 
In my life I have been amazed at how God has provided for me.  Thankfully, I never really learned how to worry much.  Instead I have spent my time learning about God and learning to trust Him.
I can not guarantee that I will never go hungry but if I do, it will be for the glory of God. I might not have the latest designer clothes and the fanciest boots or running shoes but I have never been barefoot unless I wanted to be.
 
How dare we worry when our refrigerators are full of food.  How dare we worry with shoes and clothes in our closets.  How dare we worry while we have a roof over our head and a warm shelter to spend the night.  Even if these things are taken away, our God is greater than any adversity we can face and He has a place for us and has promised us that Jesus will come again and take us to it some day.
 
Worry?  Don't even think about it.  Seek ye first the kingdom of God.

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.