Monday, May 6, 2013

THE LOVE OF GOD SHOULD CAUSE US TO HAVE

(1 John 3:17)  But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
 
Sometimes I look around and see things that others have or can afford to do and then I have myself a brief pity party.  The party usually doesn't last too long because I learned long ago that most of those you invite really don't want to attend and would rather not be around you.  It is also brief because it doesn't take long for God to convict me and remind me of how much He has blessed me.
 
Many times when I wasn't sure how I would make ends meet God miraculously provided exactly what I needed to see me through.  Actually those times have been rather rare when I think about it because I might not be rich by the world's standards but most of my life I have had more than enough.  I suppose this puts me in the category of those who have the worlds good.  I have more than I need.
 
Some of the greatest blessings that I have ever received have not been when God performed a miracle to provide for me.  It was when I was moved by the Spirit to help someone else who had a need at the time.  When we have the love of God in our hearts, we will be compelled to share that love in many fashions with others.
 
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.