Friday, May 31, 2013

LIFE STORIES 4


Psalms 90:9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
AN EMOTIONAL STORY
Our lives are filled with emotion.  Sometimes they are an emotional roller coaster.  I have heard people who say, "I'm really not an emotional person."  We are all emotional people unless we are sociopaths (This is what serial killers are.  They don't feel anything.)  Some people may not show their emotions as much as other people.
I did a comic strip once where one character said that some people were easily overcome by emotion.  The other responded by saying, "That's not so bad as long as they don't overcome everyone else with them."  You all know the type I am talking about, those who are Drama Queens and Kings who overplay everything.  In all honesty I don't know which is worse.
As a pastor I have had to be strong as I preached the funeral of some beloved saint that we would all miss but I confess,  I have preached some teary eyed funerals.  I am not ashamed for someone to see me cry with them or for them.
I am not ashamed to rejoice with them either.  I just try to control my emotions as much as possible but I certainly don't want to stifle them completely.
Emotions are a part of our lives.  What would life be without sadness, joy, happiness, excitement, and yes even fear sometimes.  All of these things let you know that you are still very much alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.