Thursday, May 23, 2013

LET'S GO DOWN TO THE POTTER'S HOUSE 3


Jeremiah 18:3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.

THE WORK  

The potter wrought a work, not the clay but the potter.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: the gift of God:{9} Not of works, lest any man should boast. {10} For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

There are so many that are trying to work their way into Heaven.  That is where humility also comes into play, you are not now nor will you ever be worthy of Heaven.  That is why God saves us by grace.

Don't struggle with spiritual matters and try to become something God has not called you to be.  Just surrender yourself to His will and let Him mold you as He sees fit.  Some He places in positions that might seem more attractive than others.  There were times when I sort of envied the pastors of big fine churches and wished that I could be more like them.  In looking back I realized that God always moved me where I could be used by Him.  That is true even now and I must confess that If God hadn't done some remolding I would not have been serving Him where I am.  That would be a shame because I have enjoyed 10 of my happiest years in the ministry.  God always knows what the vessel should be.  The clay does not.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.