Tuesday, September 18, 2012

SPIRITUAL BLINDNESS 2

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
 
Have you ever found yourself in a terrible situation and find yourself asking, "How did I get here in the first place?"
 
With all the saturation of the political ads this year I have really been taking a long look at the shape this great nation of ours has gotten into. I have asked myself, "How in the world did we let it get this bad?"
 
The answer is not all that hard.  We have elected leaders who follow their own agenda, who are people pleasers and sometimes we elect men who are just not good people.  I am not talking about on the local level (if we are not careful that can happen too).  I am talking on the national level.  We have a government filled with compromise, corruption and basically the desire to keep getting re-elected.  Who is to blame?  We are. 
 
We have come to depend on the government for so many things we should depend on God for.  We have become "entitled" and feel that we deserve certain things.  Believe me, we don't want to get what we deserve.  I don't think we can stand it.
 
We need to quit following the leadership of spiritually blind leaders and we need to get on our knees and cry out to God.  
 

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.