Friday, September 7, 2012

LABORS OF LOVE 4

Acts 17:28 For in him we LIVE, AND MOVE, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
 
Not only will we be judged for our works, we will be judged by what motivated us to do those works.
If we work to receive the rewards we are missing the whole point.
 
I have been married to my wife for over 41 years. It has been my goal to care for her, to please her and to make her happy.  My wife has appreciated this devotion to her and in return has returned this affection. She raised my children, is a great housekeeper, cook, and my clothes magically appear clean and hanging in my closet.  She doesn't do these things because she is afraid I will run off or because she is afraid I will throw her out.  We both do these things because we have a mutual love and respect of each other.  What we do for each other is motivated out of Love.
 
The works we do for Jesus too ought to be motivated out of Love.  His love for us is like no other love and our love for Him should be returned in kind.  Because of this love for Him we should be motivated to do the work that He has asked us to do.
 
Jesus loved you enough to suffer for your sins and to pay your sin debt.  It is our love for Him in return that should motivate us to tell others about Him and what He did for us.
 

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.