Thursday, September 27, 2012

PERSONAL REVIVAL 4

Psalm 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
 
Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

This verse is sometimes hard for us to accept as being in our best interest.  Who wants their spirit broken?  Who wants a broken heart?  I have to admit it is not something most of us really desire, I know I don't.

I do know that there have been times that my spirit has been broken because I was trying to direct my own paths and God had to break my spirit to get my attention.  When I have gone to God with a broken spirit He has always healed me, and given me new direction.

With the availability of the media we have today, we are exposed to all manner of violence, brutality and atrocities and if we are not careful we can become callous and we can harden our hearts to the needs of others.  Be very careful.  God can allow the hearts of His children to be broken so that they can be mended and used in His service.

Sometimes true personal revival will not come until our spirits are broken and our hearts are broken.  Are you broken hearted over lost souls?  Are you broken hearted over those who are suffering in one way or another?  Turn these over to God and offer them as a sacrifice to Him.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.