Monday, June 13, 2011

HELP IS ON THE WAY

Psalms 12:1 To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

INTRODUCTION:

Sometimes we try to complicate our prayer life. We argue about what we must say and how we must say it.

Three preachers were arguing about the proper posture for prayer. One said that he felt that a person should be standing with his hands raised to God. The second one said he felt that prayer was more effective if a person was on their knees. The third said he believed a person must lay on his face to show he was contrite.

A utility worker was close enough to overhear them and he interrupted them and said, "I don't know about you guys but some of the best praying I have ever done was hanging upside down from a light pole."

I think the utility worker might have been able to teach these three theologians something about prayer.

The first two words of this psalm of David were a simple and powerful prayer, Help, Lord. I have prayed that prayer many times in my life and I believe that God has heard and answered it. When I prayed it I didn't pay much attention to my posture either.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.