Thursday, June 23, 2011

APPLES OF GOLD 4

Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

I read somewhere that in those days it was a custom at a feast to have a silver basket filled with golden yellow apples and they were offered to preferred guest. It was a great honor to receive one of these apples. The right word at the right time is also a way to honor a person.

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

What have you done to encourage someone lately? Have you told them what a good job they are doing. How about your children? Do you tell them how thankful you are that God blessed you by giving them to you? Have you thanked your parents?

I guess I could go on with the questions but I think you probably get the idea. No one wants to be taken for granted. When people feel unappreciated they become discouraged. Tell an employee that they are a valued employee and it will encourage them to do a better job. Tell your employer that you appreciate your job and he will treat you more as a valued employee.

As a pastor I can not count the times that I have been down and discouraged that someone would come along and say just the right words to let me know that what I was doing was worthwhile. Words of encouragement are easy to give and they are certainly a treasure to receive. Encouraging words are Golden.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.