Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WAYS TO RESIST THE DEVIL 2

RESIST THE DEVIL BY GOING TO CHURCH

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some ; but exhorting : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The Church helps us resist the devil. We can go and hear the Word of God preached and it strengthens us against temptation. If we have yielded to temptation we are convicted by the Holy Spirit of the sin in our lives and are able to repent.

When I was a young man I ran from God's call to preach. I did not want to preach and I did not like the conviction I felt when I was in church. During the years that I was running from God I did attend church a few times. I remember that each time I went, no matter what was preached, no matter who was preaching, I felt a strong conviction by the Holy Spirit.

When I eventually did start attending church on a regular basis the conviction became even stronger until I was willing to submit myself to God's will. It certainly turned my life in a completely different direction.

Not only did I have the Word preached to me and the conviction of the Holy Spirit, I found the encouragement and support that I needed. The Christian brothers and sisters in the church helped me and prayed for me and made resisting the devil so much easier.

If you really want to resist the devil you need to be active in a church that believes the Bible and preaches the Word of God.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.