Friday, April 15, 2011

SELLING OUT TOO CHEAP 4

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree good for food, and that it pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. SHE ATE I can imagine Eve in the Garden as she took the fruit and held it in her hands. I believe it was beautiful or as the above verse says it was pleasant to the eyes. I believe it probably even felt good in her hands and was perfectly ripened. In my imagination I can almost smell it. Fruit has a wonderful smell to most people. That is why you see fruit scented air fresheners and fruit scented candles. I notice that I have never seen a turnip green or cabbage scented candle. Eve was enticed by all the fruit's qualities and it is almost possible to visualize her as she holds the fruit to her lips and takes a bite. An immediate change comes upon her. Just as God will ask them later "What have you done?", I believe at that moment she asks herself, "What have I done?". That is the question we ask when we sell out so cheap and lose our innocence. Please feel free to contact me by email at shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies. If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.