Thursday, April 14, 2011

SELLING OUT TOO CHEAP 3

EVE WAS THE FIRST TO SELL OUT Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree good for food, and that it pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. SHE TOOK One thing we need to understand as Christians is that it is not a sin to be tempted. I believe that if Eve had only admired the forbidden fruit and wondered about it that man might still be in the Garden of Eden. As is often the case though, she made a decision to disobey God. I hear so many people today who have fallen into sin say, "I didn't mean for this to happen." What they are really saying is "I knew I wasn't supposed to do it but I though I could get away with it." I know that is true for me. There have been times in my life that I knew what I was doing was wrong but I thought that I might just get away with it. So far I haven't gotten away with much that I wasn't supposed to do. Sin begins with that first step. A step of immorality can lead to a lifetime of shame and degradation. No one ever took that first drink of alcohol thinking that they would not be able to handle it. Drug addicts don't start out with wrecking their lives as their goal. They look and the desire builds up and then they take the first step that sometimes is way too far. Please feel free to contact me by email at shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies. If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.