Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SELLING OUT TOO CHEAP 1

Genesis 25:28-34 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob. (29) And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint: (30) And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom. (31) And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright. (32) And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me? (33) And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. (34) Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright. In these verses we find that Esau sold something that was very important for a meal that was just enough to quench his appetite for a moment. Once it was gone he could never get it back. I personally feel that he sold out way too cheap. The next few devotionals will be about people who sold out too cheap. I believe that many today are selling out too cheaply. They give up things they can never get back just to satisfy the appetite for the moment. Please feel free to contact me by email at shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies. If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.