Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD? 3

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

SOME DO NOT CALL HIM LORD BUT STILL TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THINGS
Mat 21:28 -31 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. (29) He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. (30) And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. (31) Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

This verse has always confused me a little I confess. As I think about it and meditate on it though it is no more confusing than to see people who reject Jesus as Lord but still try to do that which is morally right.

In the second of these devotionals we discussed those that call Jesus Lord but do not follow His teachings and obey His commandments. Here we find just the opposite, those who do not call him Lord but try to live morally and upright lives. As I have studied and meditated on this I have come to an opinion. Both groups are lost. The second group does have a better life because all of Jesus commandments are for our benefit.

It is hard enough to live right and do the right things when we are doing them in obedience to Jesus and trying to follow Him. It would be very difficult to try to do them on our own.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.