Monday, November 8, 2010

LIFECHANGING EXPERIENCES 3

John 21:18-19 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. (19) This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

I can identify with not always being able to go where you want to go. Sometimes God will send you to places that you really don't wan to go to. The Lord has truly blessed me in the churches he has allowed me to pastor. I have always been treated well by (most of) the people and have left behind dear friends that I will always cherish.

Some of those places were places that I was very reluctant to go to. Only after much prayer and self examination did I give in to go there. I believe that God used me wherever I went and it was always such a great blessing to be there and it was always hard to leave them behind.

If my health had not caused me to have to leave the full time ministry I like to think I would still be at the last church I pastored because I had a great 91/2 years ministry there. I still see many of the people and consider them as family. It would have been hard to leave if I had been healthy enough to continue there.

My health was a life changing experience that allowed me to meet new people in a new church in a changed capacity. Now I have a new family that I also dearly love.

Sometimes we are not sure how an experience will change our lives but if we will strive to follow the leadership of God it will certainly be a blessing to us and to others.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.