Monday, November 15, 2010

KING OF KINGS 1

1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

INTRODUCTION
There are many kinds of rulers. There are those that are elected by the people such as prime ministers and presidents. There are those who come to power through conquest such as emperors and dictators.

A king is someone who comes into power by inheritance and by a position usually passed down to him by his father.

I must admit that I do my fair share of complaining about our government, yet I also realize that we probably have the best system of government in the world today. We have a voice and we have a vote and sadly we do not always make the most intelligent choices.

When I see people living under the iron hand of some of the rulers throughout the world I do feel a lot better about the government we have here in the United States. I might not always agree with our leaders and I might not like many of the things they do but we do have certain freedoms that many in other nations do not have.

When it comes to true rule and dominion though I really have only one King and that is Jesus Christ, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
One can be a part of that Kingdom regardless of his geographical location or what kind of politics his country might practice.

In the next few devotionals I want to talk about my King. The King of Kings.
Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.