Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD? 2

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

SOME CALL JESUS LORD BUT DON'T DO THE THINGS HE SAYS

Matthew 7:21-22) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. {22} Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

I think I can better understand someone who does not accept the fact that Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords better than I can understand the people who acknowledge that fact but still live their lives as if Jesus were not Lord.

Many have a knowledge of Jesus in their heads but have never had a personal relationship with Him. They know of Him but they really don't know Him.

In truth, none of us can live perfect lives. Our perfect spirit is still clothed in this imperfect flesh. Even the apostle Paul admitted to having internal struggles. There is a war going on within each of us as the spirit wars against the flesh.

When we acknowledge Jesus is Lord and still fail to try and yield to Him and follow Him we are being deliberately rebellious against one whom we agree has complete authority over us.

It kind of boggles the mind when you think about it doesn't it. If He is Lord, shouldn't he be obeyed?

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.