Friday, November 5, 2010

LIFECHANGING EXPERIENCES 2

(2 Corinthians 5:17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

In the early church their lives were truly changed when they were saved and united with the church. They continued in the apostles doctrine meaning they were hungry for the truth and followed it. They had such great fellowship that they had all things common.

They were not bound or governed by their possessions or by their positions. It seems like today people are so actively pursuing position and possessions that they are forgetting the things that are really important.

I am not going to be like some people and tell you to get rid of all your stuff. Maybe because I like my stuff too, but there is a difference in having stuff and liking stuff and letting your stuff rule your life. I have nothing but my family that would be a great loss if it were gone. I have a lot of trinkets and junk that I would miss but it would not ruin my life if it were to suddenly disappear.

The one thing that we can not live a fulfilling life without is Jesus and our relationship with Him. Thankfully no one can ever take that away from us. If we really think about it stuff is not all that important.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.