Saturday, February 20, 2010

MY LOVE AND A BABY'S LOVE

A Christian man was seriously ill. He became bothered because
he did not feel the love in his heart for God that he should have
and he spoke of this feeling to a Christian friend.
The friend gave him great comfort when he explained," When I go
home from here, I expect to take my little baby in my arms, look
into her eyes and play with her. As tired as I am, her presence
will rest me, because I love her more than anything. She is just a
baby and she really loves me little. If my heart were breaking it
would not disturb her. If I was in terrible pain she would think
nothing of it and would not even stop playing. If I were dead she
would soon forget me.
Besides this, she has never contributed one cent to our
household and is in fact herself a great expense. I am not rich but
there is not enough money in the world to buy her. Is it because
she loves me, or because I love her? Do I withhold my love from her
until she feels this same great love for me? Do I wait for her to
do something worthy of my love before I extend it?"
This illustration of the Love of God for his children caused the
tears to roll down the sick man's cheeks as he exclaimed,"Oh I see,
it is not my love for God but his love for me that I should think
of. And I do love him now more than I have ever loved him before."

COPIED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.