Thursday, February 11, 2010

GETTING THINGS IN FOCUS 3

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

INTRODUCTION: Many times in our spiritual walk we do not understand some things because we are not properly focused. The next few devotionals will discuss some things we should be focused on.

FOCUS ON THE WONDER WORKING POWER OF GOD

Daniel 3:17-18 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. (18) But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Nebuchadnezzar had ordered Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to worship a golden image he had set up and the above verses was their answer. They were not focused on the heat of the fiery furnace. They were not focused on the wrath of the king. They were focused on the wonder working power of an Almighty God.

As a young preacher I was once told that I had better learn to please certain people if I was going to get along in the church I pastored. I told him it was my goal to please God and that is what I would do first. He laughed and said that I wouldn't last very long with that attitude. I was there long after the people he mentioned had left. The lesson that I learned was that God was really the only one I had to please.

God is still in the miracle working business. His power has not diminished one bit since he delivered these three men from the fiery furnace. He can still part the sea, calm the storm. and give victory as He did throughout the Bible. Focus on Him and His wonder working power.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.