Friday, August 21, 2009

HE IS ABLE TO KEEP ALL THAT WE COMMIT TO HIM

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Sometimes when the trials and suffering begin we, unlike Paul, begin to be filled with fear and doubt. Paul suffered about as much abuse as anyone that I have read about but he never wavered. Paul was not looking at the now. He was looking at the forever. He knew that the only really important things were the things he had committed to Christ. He knew the day would come when he would be rewarded by being united forever with Christ.
The same is true for us. We might lose sight of what is really important but the truth is all the really important things are those that are committed to Him. They are not the temporary things we think of every day but they are the eternal things that He is able to keep forever.
This world is temporary for all of us, but the things we commit to Him will last for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.