Wednesday, August 5, 2009

EVERY DAY I WILL OFFER MYSELF TO THE LORD

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
If you are going to have a great day you need to start by offering yourself as a living sacrifice unto the Lord. Someone once said that the problem with living sacrifices is they keep crawling off the altar. Sometimes we let problems or difficulties crowd us off the altar and sometimes we just get so caught up in the worldly activities that we crawl right off on our own.
This verse tells us exactly what it means to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice. It is our reasonable service. What is reasonable?One hour a week, 6 hours a week or is it reasonable to say "My life is not my own but I belong to the One who created me."
What is reasonable to offer to our creator? What is reasonable to offer to the One who sustains us daily? What is reasonable to offer to one who has shown us His marvelous grace and saved us for all eternity? Isn't it reasonable to give Him our very best?
I hope you have a great day! If you offer yourself to the Lord as a Living sacrifice that is a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.