Saturday, August 15, 2009

THE FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH

2 Timothy 4:6-8 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is athand. {7} I have fought a good fight, I have finished course, I have kept the faith: {8} Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

There are many types of followers of Jesus but I believe the ones that bring Him the most honor are the ones who are faithful unto death.
I have sat by the deathbed of some saintly old senior citizens and have even been in the room as some of the passed on to be with the Lord. There was no struggle, there was no fighting it. There was just a peace that passes all understanding.
I have heard many who were nearing their departure talk of going home as if it was a place they knew well and that they longed for.
One day will come when we have done all that God placed us here to do and then too it will be time for us to go. It will be wonderful if we can say I am now ready to be offered. I have fought a good fight and I have followed Jesus to the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.