Tuesday, April 21, 2009

NOT EVEN DEATH

1Corinthians 15:55-57 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?(56) The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. (57) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

We hear a lot about life expectancy and how to lengthen our lives. You can't open an electronic gadget without reading a warning that if you fail to unplug it it could cause injury or death.
I guess as you get older you begin to think more about death. When you get sick you think a little more about it. As a pastor I have heard people say of someone, "They are in bad shape, they are dying." I am not making light of people who are terminally ill but we all have something terminal, it is called life. If the Lord doesn't come back for us first we are all going to die.
That might sound morbid and seam to be negative but the truth is if you read the rest of the verses surrounding the ones above you realize that death does not have victory over the believer. The believer in Jesus has victory of death, hell, and the grave.
If you are ever reading the obituaries and see my name and it says that I am dead, don't believe it. At that time through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior I will be more alive than I have ever been before. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord," for the believer. Not even death can defeat those who have victory in Christ.

1 comment:

Please leave us a comment.