Thursday, April 23, 2009

THE COMPLETE PICTURE

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Sometimes it is hard for us to realize how much we are a part of something bigger than ourselves. The way we look, the way we act, the way we feel has an effect on others. This is particularly true in the Church because it is supposed to be one body.
Just like the parts of the body though we each have a purpose and we must achieve that purpose in harmony with the rest of the body. Sometimes I would like to make all the rest of the parts do right but the truth is that I only have control over myself.
Once a busy dad was trying to occupy his son while he finished some work so he tore a picture of a world map out of a magazine and cut it into small pieces. He gave the picture and some tape to his young son and told him to put the picture of the world together again. He figured that this would occupy his son for a good while.
To his surprise his son finished very quickly and when he asked how he got it together so fast his son replied, "There was a picture of a man on the other side of the page. When you get the man right then the world comes out right too."
I can't get the other people right but I reckon if I get myself right at least part of the body will be healthy.

1 comment:

Please leave us a comment.