Monday, April 6, 2009

THE INWARD FIRE

Jeremiah 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not .
The work of the Church is to spread God's Word to a lost world. It is to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ as mans only means of salvation.
We know that and we acknowledge that and we are all for it, but do we have a desire to spread God's word that burns within us as an inward fire?
A pastor was visiting a man who had been out of church for a good while and they were sitting in front of the fireplace. The preacher took the poker and rolled a coal away from the rest of the fire and left it to the side. It was hot and glowing at first and then it began to cool and become covered with ash. The pastor was silent as the church member watched him. Finally the church member got the point, "I see what you mean pastor, I'll see you in church Sunday."
Sometimes we need to work closer with others and with our church because the inward fire begins to fade when we are not in close fellowship with others. When the fire is burning inside our hearts, it makes a difference to the whole world.

1 comment:

  1. I have always remembered the times at church camps,revivals, and things of that nature that would fire me up for God, and then when I returned to my regular schedule I would lose my fire. Getting older I realize its a constant work, and you have to look past the naysayers and keep up the Lord's work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.