Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I CAN - BUT I WON'T

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
This is probably one of the most quoted scriptures in the New Testament. We use it when we are struggling with a problem or going through hard times. We especially use it when we want to gain victory over certain difficulties.
It is a shame that there are so many times that we do not use it. Instead we say, "I can't."
I can't stop this bad habit or behavior.
I can't forgive someone for what they did.
I can't give as I know I should.
I can't get along with someone.
I can't get over a tragedy.
I could go on and on but I think you get the point. The scriptures never lie. If we are perfectly honest with ourselves we can, through Christ Who strengthens us, but we won't. We won't because if we are perfectly honest we don't want to.

All things is a pretty inclusive statement. Whenever you start thinking I can't, just remember you can if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.