Thursday, November 13, 2008

A GREAT WORK

Nehemiah 6:3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a GREAT WORK, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?

Nehemiah was rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem and realized that the work was a great work. I think there are lots of times that we get so caught up in the day to day routine of our lives that we forget that God has placed us here to do a great work.
A large church was under construction and a man passing by stopped one man and asked him what he was doing. "I am mixing mortar for the stone," he answered. He asked another man the same question. His answer was, "I am a stonemason and I am cutting and laying stone." There was an old woman inside with a broom sweeping up the debris and he asked her the same question. With a smile on her face and evident enthusiasm she answered, "I am helping to build a great cathedral for the Glory of God."
If someone asked you what you are doing, how would you answer. Perhaps you would say, "I am working to make a living." "I am just trying to get by day by day." There are a lot of answers that you might give.
How about if you are a parent. Wouldn't it be great to answer, "I am raising a family for the Glory of God."
A man who worked in a meat packing plant was a very strong witness and witnessed for Jesus every chance he got. When people would ask him what he did he would answer, "I am a witness for Christ, I just pack pork to finance it."
We are a part of God's plan. There is great work for us to do. It would be wonderful if more of us would be as Nehemiah and say, "I am doing a great work and I can't come down."
THERE WILL NOT BE A NEW DEVOTIONAL UNTIL MONDAY

1 comment:

  1. I am teaching the children in the way they should go and trying to let others see Jesus in me

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.