Wednesday, November 5, 2008

DON'T WORRY-BE HAPPY

(Proverbs 17:22) A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
I have always loved the words to "His Eye Is On The Sparrow". I smile when I hear (or sing) these words, "I sing because I'm Happy, I sing because I'm free, His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."
Have you ever noticed how much good it does you when you sing a happy song or when you hear one. I do my best singing in the car when no one else is with me. You really don't have to be able to sing to enjoy it.
Do you notice how much better you feel after you hear or see something that is funny. Laughter is good medicine. Maybe each day we should take some short breaks just to be merry. Sing a song, tell something funny, smile and laugh a little.
It will make you feel better and it will usually make those around you feel better. It will keep you from having a broken spirit and the last thing you want is dry bones.
Knowing that God is watching and that He cares what happens to each and every one of us is enough to make our hearts merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.