Friday, July 19, 2013

STAND IN THE GAP

Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
 
I remember when I was a young boy we had some cows that were pretty stubborn and when we would try to herd them to the barn they would run in all different directions.  It would take all of us to stand in all the openings to keep them from running through a break in the hedgerow or through a gap in the fence.  Once my mother was helping us and one of the cows charged directly at her.  It scared her so bad that she took off running and scaled an 8 foot fence and ran up on the back porch.  My stepdad and I were laughing so hard that we were almost in more danger than my mother ever was from the cow.
 
People today are more stubborn than those old cows we had.  They are doing their best to head in all directions on their way to destruction.  Sometimes standing in their way is a scary situation and we have a tendency to scale the fence and run for the porch.
 
Our entire nation is headed on the path of destruction and it is time for God's people to take a stand.  We must proclaim the Truth of God's Word and be willing to stand up to the onrush of the stubborn crowd.
 
Can God find people today to make up the hedge and stand in the gap to warn people of their wickedness and the sin that is taking our country closer to destruction?

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.