Monday, July 22, 2013

Christian Music 1

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual SONGs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
 
I am writing a few devotionals on something that I am absolutely not an expert on.  Christian music.  Let me start off by saying that I am really old and I like the old fashioned hymns and gospel songs and most of these are my opinion and what I like to think are my convictions.
 
I love singing in church (in spite of the fact that I have not been blessed with a great singing voice).  Songs have a way of touching our emotions.  Some songs bring us to tears, some cause us to smile, and some make us want to clap our hands and shout.
 
Some of the newer songs actually make me cringe and I have problems with some of them because I don't like the tune and I have no idea what they are saying, I just know it is loud. (As I said I am really old).  I try not to be critical of music because God called me to preach and I figure that if He calls others into the music ministry he probably prepares them for it.
 
In these next devotionals I want to share some things that I really believe Christian should be and should not be. 
 
FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.