Monday, March 18, 2013

HE IS ABLE TO KEEP HIS PROMISES

Romans 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
 
It is an honorable thing for a man to keep his word.  It is especially important for him to keep his promises.  I can remember many times when my children were growing up I could not make certain promises because I knew that I might not be able to keep those promises.  What I could do was tell them I would try.  If for some reason then I could not keep our plans I still needed a very good explanation of why not but at least I did not break a promise to them.
 
The children of Israel wandered in the wilderness for 40 years and the older generation died, (without entering the promised land) simply because they did not believe God could keep His promise.  Joshua and Caleb entered in and received the promises because they trusted God to deliver.
 
Man may fail.  He may not be able to deliver on his promises.  That is not true with God.  Whatever He has promised us in His Word, He is able to deliver.
 
Email us at
 
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.
 
If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.