Tuesday, March 26, 2013

DECEPTION 1

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
 
I have been amazed lately at some of the things I have been hearing that the majority of the people are in favor of (according to the polls).  One thing that amazes me about some of these things is that of all the people I know personally, none of them are for those things.
 
When I listen to the news I no longer listen passively.  I have to listen very closely and try to decide what I think really happened because I know that they are going to spin the stories to make certain points.
 
You might think that I don't have a very high regard for the media.  I confess, you are right.  Sometimes it is not so much as what they say about certain situations but it is what they don't say. In many cases they seem biased against certain view points to the point that they are bashing people who are doing the right thing.
 
I have been more troubled lately about this than I ever have been before.  I was thinking about it today when it dawned on me that God warned us about people being led astray with vain words.
 
I hope you will come back for the devotional tomorrow on this same subject.
 
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.