Monday, July 25, 2011

SAINTS IN BAD PLACES 4

A DISOBEDIENT SERVANT-Jonah in the whale's belly


Jonah 2:1 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,

God had told Jonah to go and preach to Nineveh. Jonah ran from God because he was afraid that the Ninevites would heed God's message and be spared. Jonah wanted to see God's vengeance on Nineveh.

I have wondered many times what it was like in that whales' belly. I am sure it was dark, damp and extremely smelly. If a place like that won't get your attention I don't know what would. I have never been in a whale's belly but I have found myself in some situations that were really dark and uncomfortable. It usually got better when I realized that I was there because I had been running from the Lord.

I ran from the call to preach for years and those were some of the darkest years of my life. It wasn't until I also prayed and told God that I would do anything, "Even preach", that I began to see some light.

Running from God is a bad place for a Christian to be.

Please feel free to contact me by email at shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.