Wednesday, May 11, 2011

FAITH 5

FAITH MAKES THE BELIEVER CONTENTED

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, to be content.

In the news we hear of celebrities who once had millions being on the verge of bankruptcy. We hear of those who are adored and even worshiped by millions dying from drugs while they live secluded lives on their vast estates. It seems to me that they may be anything but contented. Some people seem never to be able to have enough.

As Paul writes here he says that he has learned to be contented regardless of his circumstances. A person who is grateful for what they have is one of the most contented people in the world.

You have probably heard the quote, "I complained because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet." Most of us in this great country live in luxury compared to a large percentage of the world. We have come to consider luxuries to be necessities.

My air conditioner quit working and it got up to 85 degrees in the house and my wife and I were miserable, and yes we complained about the heat and grumbled because it was hard to sleep. If we think about it comparatively, we are truly spoiled. There are many who don't even have shelter, many who are constantly hot, cold, wet, or hungry and yet we complain and whine when we don't have our luxuries.

We must have faith that God loves us even through difficulties. We have Jesus as Savior and we have a promise of eternal life through faith in Him. What reason could we possibly have not to rejoice in Him and be contented regardless of the circumstances?

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.